Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Recalling the Past Without Regrets

Live in a way that will make you happy to recall how you were in the past so that there are no regrets.


Regrets bring about feelings of negativity and strife.  Why torture yourself internally with dwelling in the pool of regret?  there is so much joy and happiness to be had in this vast world!  Yes you will make mistakes, learn from them and move on.  You are only doing yourself a disservice if you choose to dwell on the things you have failed.  This means you have not taken your lesson and that you have not grown from it.

It is easy to say that you should choose things of positivity.  Life will throw you some curve balls at times.  Look on these times of a learning experience.  Something that you needed to learn.  Something you needed to experience in order to grow within yourself and your journey of discovering who you are!

The discovery of the things that make you genuinely you.  the things that make you special.  you will experiment.  you will experience pains, trials and tribulation.  However, these experiences make you a stronger person.  You can always choose to either continue down the road of regretful experiences. OR... You can choose things that make you happy! 


Look at yourself with a gentle light.  Now ask yourself the following: 
  • Do I live in regret?
  • Do I take these experiences as lessons?
  • Have I learned from my trials and tribulations?
  • If not, why do I choose to stay on the path of negativity?
  • Do I choose the things that make me happy?
  • Am I living to my full potential?

Everyday is a gift.  Your gift to discover so that you may live to your greatest potential!  Embrace the gifts and choices you are given so that you may look back on your life and say to yourself "I lived a full life filled with discovery, happiness and self-love!"

Much love and light for all of you!
CMousseau :)
http://poetryrs.blogspot.ca/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so very much for publishing that here, my dear Chris!!! Alas, there is a great danger to not having any regrets, but there is an even greater danger to dwelling on them too much. I dwell on mine way too much, and it does hold me down.

Jackie said...

By the Grace of God I have been able to move forward on some things in my life but just in the last 2 or 3 years.

Before that almost every single day was one lived steeped in regret and with self destructive thought and deeds.

I wish I could say that I could answer yes to every single question posed at the end of this marvelous article but I cannot. I still have a ways to go and am still a work in progress.

Thank you Jerry and Chris for this astounding article. I think we should all stop and ask our ourselves these questions.

Peace,
Jackie

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Jackie!!! Be assured that I have been made all too painfully aware of what you have been going through. For the devil and his demons do not have to work very hard at getting me to melt down into a puddle full of regret, doubt and fear. Nonetheless, it all comes down to one very important thing, which is the question of whether or not our Heavenly Father's grace is sufficient. If it is, then all of my puddles have been for naught, and if it is not, there is no hope for someone as naturally sorry (in every sense of the word) as me.