Thursday, November 8, 2012

Like a Worm on a Hook



Bird on a Wire
Leonard Cohen
Like a bird
On the wire
Like a drunk in a
Midnight choir
I have tried
In my way
To be free

Like a worm
On a hook
Like a knight from
Some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons
For thee

If I
If I have been unkind
I hope that you
Can just let it go by
If I
If I have been untrue
I hope you know
It was never to you

Oh like a baby
Stillborn
Like a beast
With his horn
I have torn
Everyone
Who reached out for me
But I swear
By this song
And by all
That I have done wrong
I will make it all
Up to thee
I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch
He said to me
You must not ask for so much
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door
She cried to me
Hey
Why not ask for more

Oh like a bird
On the wire
Like a drunk in a
Midnight choir
I have tried
In my way
To be free

Lyrics From: [A-Z Lyrics Universe]

Please Also Visit:
and

0 comments: