Monday, May 21, 2012

YouTube Links


My journey from being as technically-challenged as anyone naturally can be to a master of all things computer-related has not been a smooth one.  In fact, I am still much closer to where I started from than where I would like to be going.

Nonetheless, some progress has been made, and in one of the areas, it is on full display for all to see.  For when I first started blogging, I had no idea how to do much of anything, and now, I think I can publish a fairly presentable piece.

No, I am not trying to take the credit.  For I have been made all too painfully aware of the absolute truth of the matter truly being that anything good I may do is actually on account of my Heavenly Father’s efforts—certainly not my own.

Anyway, one of the things I have learned to do is how to embed video clips, which has changed from the way that it could be done not so very long ago.  I can’t recall just when it changed, but the way I used to embed videos on the Blogger platform was to just include the code for the video in the text.  After clicking on “Publish,” the video would show up where I had placed it.

Yes, that was on the “Compose” page.  Whereas, the code now has to be added on the “HTML” page, which often involves some adjustments back on the Compose side.

Ah, but there is another way that is much easier when it is working as it should.  For one can click on the little button that looks like a [clapperboard] on the Compose page, and this will bring up a pop-up window that looks just like the image below.


The next step is to choose a source, and since the title of this piece is “YouTube Links,” you have probably already figured out that I will be selecting “From YouTube,” on the left side, which will leave the “Choose a video to upload” slot blank, and then you either type in or paste the URL for a particular video on YouTube, which will sometimes leave you with something like you see below.


Now, the reason why will sometimes leave you with something like you see below is up there is on account of this not being what you want to see.  For none of the options listed are for the video that I wanted to embed.

In such cases, the only recourse that I am aware of is to add the actual code for the video on the HTML page, and I wonder what is going on.  For I would think that the YouTube URLs would be unique to each individual video.

Yes, it may very well be just a glitch, but even in cases where this works as it should, why do videos completely unrelated to the search also show up?  It was a different bunch before, and the current selection will probably be replaced before long.

No, I don’t have a good feeling about this at all.  For if anyone should know how to fix something like that, I would think it would be Google, who just happens to own YouTube these days.

Okay, I suppose it is nothing to get too upset about, but I would like to hold Google to a higher standard.  After all, isn’t their motto: Be not evil?

Please Also Visit:
and


0 comments: