Friday, September 2, 2011

Heaven Is Real


I have a little experience with this sort of thing.  It happened sometime in February of 1997 (I think) on the east-side of Holbrook, AZ.

I was still in the mandatory training phase of my first over-the-road trucking job, and while my trainer went into the Shell Truckstop to get something to eat, I laid down in the sleeper to try to get to sleep while the truck was not moving.  For going to sleep while it was moving was a near impossibility for me.

Anyway, I don’t think I had been laying down all that long when I felt my soul lifting up out of my physical body.  When I saw that I was about to pass through the top of the sleeper, I cried out, “No, I’m not ready to go yet!”  I don’t know whether I said this out-loud or not, but as soon as I said it, my soul instantly returned to my physical body.

Yep, that was it.  I didn’t see any bright light.  In fact, I didn’t even see my physical body still laying in the bed, but it has helped to prove to me that many who claim to have experienced an out-of-body experiences, really did experience something.

There is not a doubt in my mind that what Colton Burpo experienced was very real.  For while watching that segment, I became overwhelmed with emotion, which is what happens when our Heavenly Father gives me an even more acute awareness of His presence in order to erase any uncertainly about what He is assuring me of.

You can read some more about the book that his dad wrote about his experience [here].  Oh how I hope the purity of this revelation doesn’t get too corrupted.  Of course, it would not be anything that our Heavenly Father could not overcome, but it would still be such a shame.

Speaking of such, the following two videos contain some shameful things.  In the first one, Pastor Piper talks about how he always considered our Heavenly Father’s Kingdom of Heaven as being a sacred secret that should not be openly discussed before he was allowed a short visit there, and in the second, an atheist minister confidently proclaims that we will return to the nothingness we came from after we die—despite meeting her uncle after she experienced her some time on the other side.  Can anyone tell me how anyone could have a greater faith in their beliefs than she does?


Please Also Visit:
and


6 comments:

John Myste said...

Anyway, I don’t think I had been laying down all that long when I felt my soul lifting up out of my physical body.

What had the soul-survivor eaten prior to this experience?

Rational νεόφυτος said...

I heard a fundie skeptic get skewered once in a discussion with a researcher who had explored numerous cases of near-death experiences, and the poor skeptic had no answers or refutations for the incredible accounts of people who, on the operating table, remember leaving their body and overhearing conversation details in the next room, or more amazingly, floating over the ambulance and "seeing" the numbers on top of an ambulance and accurately remembering these details. Burden of proof is on the skeptic to disprove how this information could be recorded accurately by a "dead person" without the aid mere physical empiricism.

I'm convinced out-of-body accounts are the deal-breakers of atheism, because there's absolutely no scientific explanation of how someones spirit could leave their body and recall these details (other than that EVERY person for whom this has ever happened, Fishhawk included(!) is delusional or lying, and that requires painting with a very broad, very non-disuasive skeptical brush.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by again, my dear John!!! I hear you. Be assured that I have examined that experience from every naturally conceivable angle. As I mention in The Crackerhead Chronicles, I first thought that it might have something to do with how close I was to the Painted Desert. For I had had some dealings with Indian (feather, not dot) mysticism in the past, and the Painted Desert is considered to be a very powerful sacred area by a number of tribes, which goes to further prove just how far away from our Heavenly Father I was at the time.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Lavender!!! For someone with way too much glitter on their eyelashes, you can sure come up with some keen observations at times.

John Myste said...

I hate to always quibble. I really do, but ...

Burden of proof is on the skeptic to disprove how this information could be recorded accurately by a "dead person" without the aid mere physical empiricism.

The burden of proof is on the one reporting the story.

I could also tell you that I saw the number on the top of an ambulance and it was 666. I saw it by looking into a bowl of jello. Then, when the hospital checked the ambulance, behold, the number was 666.

This proves the power of Satan.

I would be lying, but if you some the burden of proof is on the teller of a tale told by someone who has something to prove, you end up believing "junk science."

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by again, my dear John!!! You are right.