Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Two out of Three is Bad


“If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true.  There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.  You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth.  Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved.   John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.  I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me.  And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.  You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.  I do not accept glory from human beings,  but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.  I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.  How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?  But do not think I will accuse you before the Father.  Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.  If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.  But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?” [John 5:31-47 NIV]

Alas, be assured that nothing has changed.  For there are still far too many who want to base their faith upon our Heavenly Father’s Holy Scriptures while refusing to listen to the Author of them.

In an attempt to be even more clear, what I have been given to say about truly hearing our Heavenly Father’s voice is not mixing metaphors.  For it is not at all true that He stopped actually speaking to us as soon as the canon of Scripture was complete.


Neither is it true that what is contained in His Holy Bible is the written Word of God—certainly not in the way that far too many have been lead to believe.  For the true Word of God is the Lord Jesus Christ in all of His most awesome glory, and He is most eager to personally reveal what He wants them to know and understand to anyone who will but want to humble themselves enough to accept it.


Again, none of this is meant to diminish the significance of our Heavenly Father’s Holy Bible in any way, shape or form.  For it truly is a most precious gift from our Heavenly Father that should be cherished with all of our hearts, minds and souls.

Nonetheless, the cart needs to be put back behind the horse (so to speak).  For far too many have been lead to believe that faith in our Heavenly Father’s Gospel comes from hearing the Bible being preached by His chosen servants when that is the solely the work of His Holy Spirit, who does not need anyone or anything to work through, and His Holy Scriptures are provided to serve as written confirmation of what He actually says is absolutely true.

Yes, if you were closely examining every word in that last paragraph, it might have seemed a little confusing, but this would only be true of those who do not fully understand that our Heavenly Father’s Holy Spirit is [One and the same] with Him and His only begotten Son, who is the true Word of God.  Therefore, it is correct to refer to our Heavenly Father’s Holy Scriptures as also being His Holy Spirit’s Holy Scriptures, as well as being the words of the Word.

Alas, this is not the first time all of that has been addressed through me, which can be confirmed in [The Words of the Word], [Revelations] and [Can You Hear Him Now?].  Since Scriptural references are provided in those three chapters from [Bittersweet Refinements], it would be good to go over them again if you have already done so before and are still having trouble accepting what I have been given to say about truly hearing our Heavenly Father’s voice.

No, that is not at all meant to suggest that what I want to believe He has had me place into written form comes up to the level of Scripture.  However, if it is indeed coming from Him, can you afford to just ignore it?

Though I have been allowed and enabled to actually hear His audible voice, which comes from outside of oneself, on a few occasions, it has been mostly through my thoughts that our Heavenly Father has sought to speak to me, which can be problematic.  For what He says to me is often indistinguishable from my own thoughts and the sweet nothings that Satan would have me believe.  Hence, the title of this piece being that two out of three is bad.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. [1 John 4:1 NAS]

Be assured that it is in regards to testing the spirits that our Heavenly Father’s Holy Scriptures are truly a Godsend in every sense of the word.  For what our Heavenly Father has to actually say to us at this time will not contradict what He had placed into written form long ago.

However, do not become ensnared in what Satan would have us believe in regards to our Heavenly Father only speaking Scripture (as in what is specifically contained in His Holy Bible) to us at this time on account of: I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.  And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. [Revelation 22:18-19 NIV].  For it is entirely possible for Him to actually tell someone that He wants them to start a ministry in Great Britain without adding to, nor taking anything from, what is contained in is His Holy Bible.

It is also entirely possible for Him to explain what is meant by certain Scriptures (and/or what was really going on at the time) without adding anything to, nor taking anything away from, what is contained in His Holy Bible.  A good example of how much that is needed has to do with His love.  For Satan would have us believe that the love of God is impersonal and unemotional while He wants us to know and understand that it is actually deeply personal and more passionate than even the most torrid of love affairs in the eyes of this world.

Another good example of how beneficial it can be to truly hear our Heavenly Father’s voice and how His Holy Scriptures serve as written confirmation of what He wants to personally reveal unto us happened to me soon after He started making Himself real to me over 19 years ago.  For I had become deeply depressed over how He had denied Moses entrance into the Promised Land after he had failed to explicitly follow His instructions [Numbers 20:6-12] on account of thinking that I had no hope of ever pleasing Him if He could deal with Moses that harshly after Moses had been such a faithful servant unto Him for so long.  Now, I do not remember just exactly what I was told, but almost immediately, our Heavenly Father explained to me that denying Moses entrance into the Promised Land was more about Him setting up Joshua to take over for Moses in the eyes of the children of Israel than punishment for disobedience, which was confirmed a day or so later when I came upon [Joshua 3:7-17].

Yes, it may very well be that it is all merely a matter of my own opinion based upon figments of my own imagination, but I would think that most would want to believe that our Heavenly Father still seeks to actually speak to us.  For without the witness of His Holy Spirit, all we could have to have faith in would be our interpretations of what His Holy Scriptures are really saying, and how could we tell if what is contained in His Holy Bible truly is from Him and any more true than what is contained in any of the other books that are held to be sacred by others?  After all, do they not have millions of fellow believers and many years of tradition to also stand upon?

Please Also Visit:
and

0 comments: