Thursday, April 18, 2013

Classic Spousal Emasculation?


Could it be that Joanna’s husband, Mark, is actually a blithering idiot?  After all, why else would an experienced television news reporter feel compelled to tell him to not scare people by talking too loudly about those explosions being a bomb, and then repeat what she had told him during her televised report, when she should realize that the way a story is presented goes a long way toward how it is received by the viewing audience?

In all fairness, it could be argued that she was just giving an honest report about what happened while her mind was still numb from pounding the pavement for 26.2 miles, but she neglected to make that clear—did she not?  Of course, it may very well be that he was going against the training he had received as a police officer, as well as in the military, by shouting out that what was heard was a bomb, which would have been a rather idiotic thing to do, considering the situation at hand.

In any event, she succeeded in emasculating him before a fairly large viewing audience.  Whether or not he deserved it (naturally-speaking, of course) remains to be seen.


P.S.
It was pointed out to me that I neglected to address intent.  Therefore, please accept my sincere apologies, and let it be widely known and well understood that I hope the lovely and talented Ms. Small did not intend to humiliate her husband.

I also neglected to mention that it most certainly works both ways.  A good example of a husband humiliating his wife in a public setting would be him volunteering to announce upon their arrival at a community potluck dinner that she did not have much time to spend in the kitchen because of the kids being sick, which would be (in effect) to assume that the dish she prepared would not be received very well.
Please Also Visit:
and

2 comments:

S. Knowles said...

Hey there, very interesting post you have here. "Spousal Emasculation" interesting lol.
Oh, before I forget, I removed the verification thing off of my page. I think I might put it back up shortly though I'm not certain or not as yet, but I have been getting a lot of spam in my mail since I took it down. I'll try to keep it off for a while longer if I can control the spam, that is, keep it off of my actual post's then I'll keep it down, but if it becomes overwhelming I may have to put the verification thing back up. Thanks for dropping by it's a pleasure to read your wonderful comments dear brother. :-) May God Bless you.

Unknown said...

Hooray! Your comment reappeared, my dear Sateigdra. Thanks for stopping by!!!