Friday, June 7, 2013

Bittersweet Refinements: Chapter II

The following is a rewritten chapter from Bittersweet Refinements.  If you would like to read the entire book, from start to finish and in the proper order, please go [here].

Chapter II
Introductions Are In Order
“Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels.  Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.  I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.  From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.  What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.  Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are far from righteousness.  I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed.  I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel.” [Isaiah 46:8-13 NIV]
Several years ago, our Heavenly Father spoke to me in an audible voice [Job 33:14-18].  He said, “Introduce Me [2 Corinthians 5:20].”
Oh yes, introductions are most certainly in order [Colossians 2:2-4].  For our Heavenly Father truly is the Lord God Almighty [Exodus 6:2-3], who is all-powerful (Omnipotent) [Psalms 33:6-11], all-knowing (Omniscient) [Psalms 94:11], always-present (Omnipresent) [Psalms 139:7-12] and perfect in all of His most awesome ways (Holy and Righteous) [Psalms 18:30-31].
Are not the contradictions with the way He has been so often portrayed obvious?  For with our Heavenly Father truly being all-powerful, no one could ever do anything without Him allowing and enabling them to [Job 12:13-25].  Therefore, how could Adam and Eve have eaten of the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden without Him letting them?
As if that was not enough, with Him truly being all-knowing, He would know all about everything that anyone would ever want to do long before they did [Isaiah 46:10].  Therefore, He would have known all about Lucifer wanting to tempt Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit long before the insidious thought ever crossed his mind.
Then there is the reality of Him actually being everywhere—all of the time [Matthew 28:18-20].  Therefore, He was actually there when it all happened.
Lastly, there is the part about Him truly being perfect in all of His most awesome ways [Deuteronomy 32:4], which brings us to the greatest contradiction of them all.  For He could not possibly be perfect in all of His most awesome ways if things really did go so terribly wrong in the beginning.
Yes, it has been widely taught that it is because of their freewill that prevented our Heavenly Father from interfering with the choice that Adam and Eve made, but was it not Him who gave them their freewill to begin with?  So, was this another mistake that He made?

Please Also Visit:
and 

0 comments: